According to Levén, it’s both about delivering light, quiet, and clean electric off-road performance motorbikes and supporting the mission to inspire people towards a zero-emission society.
— We want to combine excitement with responsibility, he says. We’re obliged to a number of defined criteria in the areas of innovation, quality, performance, manufacturing, materials, and responsibility. Those criteria are constant and reflect everything we do in terms of operations, products, and communication.
Last winter, the brand experienced their biggest PR hit to date, after receiving a request from and then delivering a custom-made yellow motorbike to Pharrell Williams, who shared it on his social media. This fall, together with Polestar, they’ll launch Re:Move, a small but multi-functional electric transporter for the city of the immediate future.
How does Cake contribute to better living?
— To promote the competence and guidance needed in terms of sustainability, in the areas of clean technology, ethical conduct, circularity, and life cycle perspective, to the benefit of people and the planet, CAKEworks is born. It gathers a variety of competencies to coach and lead processes at CAKE, to minimise footprint, now, and in the future, Levén shares, adding,
— The beauty of being able to share the outdoors with respect, riding a bike without air or sound pollution, is a big step forward. That said, and progressively improving the cleanliness, there are of course additional dilemmas. Matters of safety and speed, sharing space, or the evident destruction of wheels grinding through the sensitive ground, are other aspects where we need to take responsibility.
This is #11 on our list with 25 Innovations for better living from Scandinavian MIND Issue 2
1. Here’s the first furniture brand to publish their climate footprint
2. Unique Bio2 textile can make a change in our polluted world
3. Patented technology can turn the eyewear industry circular
4. Filtration technology saves you from hidden pollution at home
5. This Swedish collective launches line with skincare for objects
6. Powder to liquid wash can change personal care as we know it
7. This household product line cleans with all-natural sugar surfactants
8. Spinnova’s textile fibre might be the world’s most groundbreaking
9. Here’s how AI can be used to create your ultimate personal scent
10. Design brand Verk takes local production one — big — step further
12. This solar cell can be powered by ordinary indoor light
13. Revolutionary reusable sanitary protection is about to hit the market
14. A green version of the super-material graphene transforms the industry
15. Groundbreaking recyling app teams up with the world’s leading brands